Sunday, July 19, 2009

perspective



















Perspective... A visual perspective is the way an object appears to the eye. A cognitive perspective is based on the opinions, beliefs or experiences of an individual. Authors offer a literary perspective when they write a book. If I had a dollar for every time my perspective has changed... one example that is painfully fresh in my mind right now - my perspective regarding screaming children on international flights.

Over the past several days/weeks/months my vision has become a bit narrow - obsessing over the details of our upcoming trip (among other things)... how many diapers should I pack, where can I find sweatsuits in the middle of July (yes... it will be cold there), where is the best place to release our goldfish back into their "natural" habitat... and avoid a traumatic incident, what in the world are we going to do on an airplane with two toddlers for 16 hours, how much chocolate will fit in a duffle bag, etc.

I fully expect to find new things to obsess about upon arrival in Kijabe, Kenya but I am eagerly anticipating the fresh new perspective our adventure will bring.





2 comments: