Friday, August 7, 2009

day to day



















I spent a lot of time wondering what I would “do” in Africa. While Ben’s day to day is a bit different… mine hasn’t changed all that much. Still wake up and hang out with the kids all day… I would say the one big thing that has changed is the number of baths I give per week. The kids are FILTHY at the end of the dusty day and on occasion an afternoon bath is required. Another big change has been getting used to how long everything takes here (food from scratch, hand wash dishes, line dry clothes, walking everywhere) I am exhausted by 8:00 p.m. but in some ways energized by simplicity of it all. I started going a little bit stir crazy with the kids this morning… but just in the nick of time our across the hall neighbor invited us to Nairobi for a day trip. It was a sweet blessing! I thoroughly enjoyed the adult conversation while the kids were securely strapped in their car seat and occupied counting the goats/ donkeys/ cows/ baboons, on the side of the road… I heard a rumor that the secretary of state was in town as well.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures of the kids - looks like they have adapted very happily to Kijabe! It's good to hear that Ben is enjoying the work and that you are finding lots of time to relax.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete