Tuesday, August 25, 2009

line dry















I spent a good portion of our last day washing and drying our clothes... an activity I despise back home, but on our last day in Kijabe it was a perfect end to a memorable month. Standing outside our building with a clear view of Mount Longonot, hanging our clothes on the line and visiting with a very pregnant African friend... we talked about her overdue baby and the joys and frustrations of motherhood. Max and Maggie were happily entertained feeding veggie scraps to the neighboring goat and for a moment all was well with the world. As I hung the last pair of Max's little superhero underpants on the line I was reminded of how quickly these moments pass... and how easy it is for me to wish away these simple sweet blessings.





No comments:

Post a Comment